Women on the Rise x COVID 19
Our doors may be closed, and our in-person programming is suspended until it is safe to reconvene, but our staff have been working tirelessly to support our members through this pandemic. Despite the challenges, our team has been:
- Checking in regularly with members by phone and email, practicing active listening and emotional support.
- Referring members to access emergency response services such as counselling and food security programs
- Engaging families in online dance, song, and exercise programs via video platforms
- Delivering substantial care packages including diapers, milk, and eggs directly to our member’s door.
- Connecting women to online resources by supplying tech devices donated by the NDG community
- Maintaining an-on call support network. We know these are challenging times, and we work every day to combat severe isolation born from quarantine restrictions.
- Conducting frequent needs assessments and exploring funding opportunities to better support our members
If you are feeling overwhelmed and need someone to talk to, or would benefit from donations and food vouchers, please email us at email@example.com.
We wish our community strength and courage to navigate this critical time! We are deeply grateful for all essential service workers that keep us safe and supported <3