Welcome to Women on the Rise!
At Women on the Rise, we welcome women from all walks of life to come together and learn from one another. Our motto is ''Helping women to help themselves'' we believe in mutual support, developing friendships, and bearing witness to the challenges and successes of all our members. We strive to break isolation and connect women with the resources and skills they need to feel empowered in their homes and the greater NDG community.
Our unique approach to childcare ensures that all children are nurtured and celebrated for who they are. While mothers are participating in programs downstairs, our early childhood educators are caring for the kids upstairs. Our staff take the time to develop long-term relationships with our regular participants and their families. Our children’s program encourages confidence, creativity and communication and is oriented towards school-readiness.
Come join us for a meal, a workshop, or a cup of coffee during our opening hours if you would like to learn more about what we do. Regardless of your immigration or economic status, or your family composition, our aim is to meet you where you are at.
Women on the Rise is a nonprofit organization based in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (NDG) that offers programs and services to women and their families. We meet women where they’re at, offering non-judgmental, empowerment-based individual support, group support and resources.
Our goal is to help women to help themselves by:
• Supporting isolated, low income, new immigrants and single mothers and their children
• Empowering, supporting and coaching women in their personal, economic and social development
• Providing stimulating workshops aimed at promoting self awareness of one’s strengths, potentials & limits, and encouraging decision making around incorporating healthy life changes.
• Providing opportunities for social networking and peer support among isolated women.
• Providing an educational and bilingual childcare program that enhances all aspects of child development.
• Helping and encouraging parents to adopt a positive and proactive attitude with regard to their children’s education and upbringing.
• Providing individual and group counselling, including crisis support.
• Encouraging members to develop an interest and the organizational skills to budget, shop, cook and bake on a low budget.