Welcome to Women on the Rise!
At Women on the Rise, we welcome mothers from all walks of life to get together and learn from one another. Our motto is ‘Helping mothers to help themselves since 1999’. We believe in mutual support, developing friendships, and bearing witness to the challenges and successes of all our members. We strive to break isolation and connect women with the resources and skills they need to feel empowered in their homes and the greater NDG community.
Our unique approach to childcare ensures that all children are nurtured and celebrated for who they are. While mothers are participating in programs downstairs, our early childhood educators are caring for the kids upstairs. Our staff take the time to develop long-term relationships with our regular participants and their families. Our children’s program encourages confidence, creativity and communication and is oriented towards school-readiness.
Come join us for a meal, a workshop, or a cup of coffee during our opening hours if you would like to learn more about what we do. Regardless of your immigration or economic status, or your family composition, our aim is to meet you where you are at.
On any given day, we are:
- Supporting women through active listening and service referrals
- Providing stimulating workshops aimed at promoting self awareness of one’s strengths, potentials & limits, encouraging decision making and incorporating healthy changes
- Sharing delicious, home-cooked meals together, with an emphasis on cultural cuisine and healthy vegetables Providing an educational, bilingual childcare program that enhances all aspects of child development
- Encouraging parents to adopt a positive attitude with regard to their children’s education and upbringing.
- We recognize the challenges of parenting and we come together to exchange insight in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
Women on the Rise COVID-19
Our doors may be closed, and our in-person programming is suspended until it is safe to reconvene, but our staff has been working tirelessly to support our members through this pandemic. Despite the challenges, our team has been:
- Checking in regularly with members by phone and email, practicing active listening, and emotional support.
- Referring members to access emergency response services such as counseling and food security programs
- Engaging families in online dance, song, and exercise programs via video platforms
- Delivering substantial care packages including diapers, milk, and eggs directly to our member’s door.
- Connecting women to online resources by supplying tech devices donated by the NDG community
- Maintaining an-on call support network. We know these are challenging times, and we work every day to combat severe isolation born from quarantine restrictions.
- Conducting frequent needs assessments and exploring funding opportunities to better support our members
- If you are feeling overwhelmed and need someone to talk to or would benefit from donations and food vouchers, please email us at email@example.com.
We wish our community strength and courage to navigate this critical time! We are deeply grateful for all essential service workers that keep us safe and supported.